Sunday, June 12, 2022

Dill Peas

This is another of my random home cooking recipes that developed on its own independent of any recipes. I'm sure there are plenty of recipes out there - it doesn't feel like a revolutionary combination to me! - but what follows is just what's evolved over the years when I've had a craving for peas. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!


Dill Peas

(2 servings)


Ingredients

2 tablespoons of butter or margarine

3 to 5 cloves of garlic (crushed/minced)

2 cups of frozen peas

Black pepper (a touch)

Dried parsley (a touch)

Dill (to the max*)

Salt (to taste)

1/2 cup of hot water


*When I say to add dill "to the max," I mean that I love dill and add what is probably a shocking amount for a lot of people. I'm also usually working with drill dill though, so if you're using fresh you might not need half a shaker's worth!


Directions

1) Melt the butter in a small pot over medium heat and then sauté the garlic for a minute or so until fragrant.

2) Add the seasonings, peas, and water, bring to a boil, and then simmer everything until the water has mostly evaporated (about 10 minutes). I often mash some of the peas as I stir to keep them from burning - I like the mushy pea-adjacent texture though!

3) On vegan days I enjoy this as is, but it occasionally features as a side dish instead, in which case you might find you get more servings out of this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment