I'm a sucker for all things sour cream and dill, so when I came across Taste of Home's dill pickle pasta salad recipe I couldn't help myself! The amount of mayonnaise in the original recipe went beyond even my bounds, but I've made a few other adjustments to make the finished product better fit my tastes. If you're not sure about this or that in my recipe, play around with it as you like!
Dill Pasta Salad
(6 servings*)
Ingredients
2/3 cup of sour cream
1/4 cup of mayonnaise
1/4 cup of pickle juice
2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons of bouillon powder
1 teaspoon of sugar
Dill (to taste)
Garlic powder (to taste)
Onion powder (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
410g / 14.5oz of dry pasta** (cooked/rinsed)
4 small cucumbers (halved/sliced)
550ml / 1 pint of cherry tomatoes (quartered)
Bacon bits (if desired)
Green onions (if desired)
*This is when served as a main - with side dishes or as a side itself servings could obviously vary.
**I prefer penne or farfalle for this recipe, but to each their own! Rinse the cooked pasta in cold water to cool it off completely.
Directions
1) While some salted water is coming to a boil for the pasta, thoroughly combine the sour cream, mayo, pickle juice, mustard, bouillon, sugar, and seasonings and set aside.
2) Once the pasta's done mix together the pasta, vegetables, and sauce from step 1, garnish with bacon bits and/or green onions if desired, and enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment