Thursday, November 12, 2020

Easy Tomato Egg Drop Soup

 This recipe is a shameless americanization of this lovely recipe for Shanghainese tomato egg drop soup. I love tomato soup, I love egg drop soup, and I am lazy, so when I came across the recipe above I realized I could do great things with just a can of condensed tomato soup! The results are below - enjoy!


Easy Tomato Egg Drop Soup


Ingredients

1 can of condensed tomato soup

1 can of water

1 teaspoon of soy sauce

Pepper (to taste)

Powdered garlic (to taste)

Sesame oil (to taste)

1 egg (whisked)

1 stalk of green onion (chopped)


Directions

1) Combine the condensed soup, water, soy sauce, seasonings, and sesame oil in a pot and heat over medium heat until boiling.

2) While stirring the soup pour short streams of whisked egg into the pot.

3) Remove your soup from the stove, garnish your green onion, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment