This recipe is epic - epically delicious, epically easy, and epically and shamelessly stolen from a friend of mine, who originally came across it here. It is also an epic fasting recipe, albeit not vegan per se. Pescetarian, yes. Vegan, no. (Unless you're Orthodox, in which case seafood often takes on a vegetablesque, humdrum aura as the years go by.) I must confess though, I like this recipe so much I dream of it even when I'm not in the middle of a fast!
Grilled Wasabi Shrimp
1/4 cup of honey
2 tablespoons of wasabi powder
1 teaspoon of salt
1/4 cup of vegetable oil
2 pounds of large shrimp
2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds (if desired)
1) Lord, bless!
2) Blend the honey, wasabi powder, and salt until a paste has formed.
3) Add the vegetable oil and mix/whisk until thoroughly combined.
4) Mix or toss the shrimp in the still somewhat pasty marinade until coated and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5) Heat grill pan (on medium) or grill and cook the marinated shrimp until the desired level of doneness is achieved. (Some people like them just done, others like them a bit more like charcoal than food - to each their own!)
6) Sprinkle with the sesame seeds and eat as is, or throw some tortillas and other condiments - diced onions, avocado slices, et cetera - on the table and have some tasty shrimp wraps. However you eat them, enjoy! (Definitely try the shrimp with and without the sesame seeds - they're awesome both ways!)