Someone's probably developed this years ago, but it's something I came to modifying the grilled cheese sandwich "recipe" one of my grandmothers taught me. Feel free to modify it in any way you see fit to make it more delicious, just let me know what you do so that I can try it too!
Grilled Cheese Sandwich à la Jean-Marc
1 tablespoon of butter
Pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Parmesan cheese (to taste)
Mayonnaise (as desired)
2 slices of bread
Swiss or cheddar cheese (sliced or shredded)
1) Lord, bless!
2) Melt half a tablespoon of butter in a frying pan and crack the egg into the pan. Flip up corners as necessary to keep the egg the size of your bread slices. As it sets sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the top of the egg followed by some crumbled parmesan. Once the egg is sufficiently set flip it to allow the other side to cook. (I like my yolk completely done, but cook it to your taste!)
3) While the egg is frying slather mayonnaise on the outsides of the bread slices.
4) Set the egg aside and place the first slice of bread (mayonnaise down) in the frying pan. Put a little of the remaining butter on the upside of the bread followed by the cheese and the fried egg. Cover with the other slice of bread, mayonnaise up.
5) Put whatever's left of the butter in the frying pan around the sandwich. Fry until the downward-facing side is golden brown (or darker, if preferred) and then flip it to cook the other side.
6) Plate your grilled cheese sandwich and enjoy! (Also, keep your heart doctor on speed dial just in case!)