Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Bacon Cheddar Egg Bites

This is a pretty easy, straightforward recipe to make healthy (healthier? healthy-ish?) egg bites à la Starbucks inspired both by my love for Starbucks' egg bites and my sister's own experiments in egg bite-making. What follows is my favorite, but changing out cheeses and/or meats or even popping a bit of broccoli in likely would go awry. I'm very much looking forward to experimenting with this recipe myself. As it is, tomorrow's 5am breakfast will be a much less enervating affair than such things usually are!


Bacon Cheddar Egg Bites

(12 servings*)


Ingredients

6 eggs

1 cup of cottage cheese

Black pepper (to taste)

Chicken bouillon powder (to taste)

Garlic powder (to taste)

Onion powder (to taste)

Parsley (to taste)

Salt (to taste)

1 cup of cheddar cheese (shredded)

2 green onions (sliced)

4 tablespoons of crumbled bacon


*If one egg bite counts as a serving! I had four the first time I made them, so yeah...


Directions

1) Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius / 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place a pan with hot water on the bottom rack. Spray, oil, or butter muffin trays with enough capacity to make twelve egg bites.

2) Combine the eggs, cottage cheese, and seasonings in a either a mixing bowl or a blender. I like to have a smoother, lighter texture in the final product, so I throw everything in a blender and blend until smooth.

3) Stir in the cheese and green onions, then fill the muffin trays to halfway and sprinkle the bacon bites on top of the egg mixture.

4) Bake the egg bites for 25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean, serve as is or with your favorite trimmings, and enjoy! I love these fresh, but they can also go in the freezer for a quick breakfast or snack later.


https://www.recipegirl.com/copycat-starbucks-egg-bites/

No comments:

Post a Comment