Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Cardamom Mug Cake

I'm not sure how I'm jumping on board this trend train so late, but here I am! My husband is away, but my cravings are not, so mug cakes have answered my need for a dessert without a bunch of tempting leftovers! This recipe is for my favorite version (so far!), but it's beautifully flexible - you could easily sub in cinnamon for the cardamom and coconut milk for the milk to get a very different, delicious cake! If you're late to the mug cake phenomenon, definitely give it a try!


Cardamom Mug Cake

(1 serving)


Ingredients

4 tablespoons of all-purpose flour

2 tablespoons of sugar

1 tablespoon of sultanas

1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom

1/4 teaspoon of baking powder

3 tablespoons of milk or non-dairy milk*

2 tablespoons of melted butter** or vegetable oil

1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract

1/4 teaspoon of almond extract (optional)


*This recipe is pretty easy to make vegan, just switch out the milk and butter for your favorite non-dairy alternatives.

**Add a pinch of salt as well if you're not using salted butter.


Directions

1) Combine the dry ingredients in a medium-sized, microwave-safe mug. (When I say "medium" I'm thinking of my 475ml/16-ounce mugs, not the ones my sister has that are the size of some people's swimming pools.)

2) Stir together the wet ingredients in a small bowl, then mix them into the dry ingredients in the mug. Make sure everything's thoroughly combined, but try not to over-stir.

3) Microwave your batter for a minute and a half. Microwave strengths vary, so stick a toothpick or knife into the cake to check for doneness. I like a bit of gooeyness, but if it's underdone for your tastes keep adding 15 seconds of microwave time until the cake is done to your liking.

4) Serve as is or with a dollop of whipped cream or icing (or both!), and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment