Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pumpkin Masala Pie

When I originally planned my menu for this year's Canadian Thanksgiving dinner I had thought to just make straight up pumpkin pie for dessert. As I was making the first pie, however, I realized that a lot of the spices for the regular pie were the same as what's in the tea masala I brought with me from eastern Africa when I moved to the States after high school. That led to my second pie, the pumpkin masala one! I may be modifying the recipe later depending on how the pie actually tastes tomorrow night, but my sampling of the batter makes me think that this will be a keeper! (And perhaps something to pull out in the future for St. Thomas' main feast day since it falls in mid-October!)




Pumpkin Masala Pie

Ingredients
16-ounce can of plain pureed pumpkin
12-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons of tea masala mix
9-inch deep dish, unbaked pie crust

Directions
1) Lord, bless!
2) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
3) Mix all the ingredients (except the pie crust!!!) together thoroughly.
4) Pour the pie mix into the crust and bake for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center of the pie comes out clean.
5) Allow to set, refrigerate (if desired), and enjoy! (Perhaps with a nice steaming cup of homemade chai!)

No comments:

Post a Comment