This is a nice, flavorful soup and great on a cold winter night with a piece of baguette. If I make this in the future I want to try adding some dill to the seasoning mix, and perhaps also some peas or cubed carrots. As usual, if you dislike something or think the recipe needs more of something else, then go for it!
Roasted Carrot Soup
5 tablespoons of olive oil
6 pounds of carrots (peeled)
4 tablespoons of vegan margarine
4 onions (chopped)
6 ribs of celery (chopped)
2-inch piece of ginger (peeled/minced)
5 cloves of garlic (chopped/crushed)
18 cups of water
2 tablespoons of Better Than Bouillon (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
Sugar (to taste)
1) Lord, bless!
2) Cut the carrots in 2 to 3-inch segments, toss in the oil till coated, and place on a couple of edged cookie sheets in the oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Stir the carrots after about 30 minutes. After an hour they should be blistered, tender, and light brown in places.
3) Melt the margarine and saute the onions and celery until the onions are translucent. Add the garlic and ginger and saute a couple more minutes.
4) Add the water, bouillon, salt, pepper, and sugar and bring the soup to a boil.
5) Once the soup has boiled reduced the heat and simmer it for 30 to 45 minutes, until the larger carrots are tender.
6) Use an immersion blender - or whatever you have - to blend the soup and enjoy with chopped green onions, sour cream (if it's not a fast!), et cetera.