Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Easy Breakfast Syrup

I never would've thought I would be making my own syrup, but it's just not a thing here in Manchuria. (I'm told local tastes don't like sweet stuff, but when I follow that statement up with questions about why virtually all the popular bread here is sweet no one can explain.) I did find pure maple syrup in one store, but it was prohibitively expensive for someone whose teeth are all sweet teeth! In any case, this is a great, easy, and quick recipe for making syrup!



Easy Breakfast Syrup

Ingredients
1 1/3 cups of water
1 cup of brown sugar
1 cup of sugar

Directions
1) Lord, bless!
2) Mix all the ingredients in a pot over medium-low heat and bring to a boil, boiling (and stirring!) continuously for 5 minutes.
3) Cool and enjoy! Store the remaining syrup in a jar in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment