An old-time favorite I haven't made in far too long! Enjoy!
Fried Cabbage and Sausage
3 tablespoons of butter
1 onion (chopped)
1 medium head of cabbage (chopped)
4 to 6 cloves of garlic (crushed or minced)
3 large sausage links*
3/4 cup of beer**
2 teaspoons of chicken bouillon granules***
Pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
*I prefer kielbasa, but other varieties work nicely too!
**If you don't know what to do with the rest of the beer in the bottle, then there's a problem!
***A popular trick used by a lot of cooks here in the PRC. Adds a nice bit of flavor to pretty much anything!
1) Lord, bless!
2) Melt the butter in a large skillet or a pot and fry the onion until it becomes translucent.
3) Stir in the garlic and sauté until the onion is soft.
4) Add the cabbage and cook until it begins to wilt (about 10 minutes).
5) Stir in the sausage, beer, and seasonings and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
6) Serve as is or over rice (or even noodles!) and enjoy!