This is a quick and easy pumpkin pie recipe based on this recipe. (I added a couple of things based on my own preferences!) This does not include directions for the pie crust - I've got a family recipe I'm not allowed to share for that! (And to be entirely honest, when I'm in North America I go the easy route and just buy pre-made crusts! Quick 'n easy!)
Easy Pumpkin Pie
15-ounce can of pumpkin puree
14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
3 large eggs (whisked)
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon of almond extract
1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon of salt
Dash of ground pepper
9-inch unbaked pie crust*
*In an oven-safe pie pan obviously!
1) Lord, bless!
2) Mix the wet ingredients, then stir in the spices.
3) Pour the pie filling into the pie crust, leaving a centimeter (a little under half an inch) of crust as the pie will rise a little as it cooks.
4) Bake in an oven preheated to 220 degrees Celsius/425 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
5) Turn the heat down to 175 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake another 20 to 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
6) Cut into slices once set and serve as is, chilled, and/or with whipped cream and enjoy!