This is a blend of this recipe and this recipe with an addition or two of my own. It's combines some of my favorite things and is a new staple for me I think! I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!
Cauliflower Coconut Curry
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 large onion (chopped)
1 large carrot (shredded)
4 cloves of garlic (crushed or minced)
1 tablespoon of curry powder
1 teaspoon of ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
Pepper (to taste)
Salt (to taste)
2 medium tomatoes (chopped)
1 small head of cauliflower (florets)
1 large potatoes (cubed)
1 400-gram can of peas
Vegetable broth (optional)
1) Lord, bless!
2) Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or a pot and saute the onion and carrot until the onion becomes clear.
3) Add the garlic and continue sauteing until the onion and carrot are tender.
4) Stir in the spices and saute another minute or so until fragrant.
5) Add the tomatoes and cook until the tomatoes begin to release their juices.
6) Pour in the coconut milk and add the cauliflower, potatoes, and peas. Bring everything to a boil and then simmer on low for 30 minutes or until the potatoes and cauliflower are tender. (If the curry thickens too much add a little water or vegetable broth.)
7) Serve over rice with naan (if possible/desired) and enjoy!