Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Sriracha Honey Salmon

I came across the Daily Gourmet's baked salmon recipe looking for an easy weeknight meal and it did not disappoint! I made some tweaks to make it better fit my family's preferences, so feel free to try my version below or the original.


Sriracha Honey Salmon

(2 servings)


Ingredients

2 tablespoons of furikake

2 tablespoons of mayonnaise*

1 tablespoon of honey

1 tablespoon of sriracha (to taste)

Garlic powder (to taste)

Onion powder (to taste)

Salt** (to taste)

450g / 1lb of salmon

Rice***


*If you're fasting use vegan mayonnaise.

**Between the furikake, mayo, and sriracha I don't usually feel the need to add any, but to each their own!

***I don't love plain rice and the salmon isn't super saucy, so for this dish I'll usually mix each cup of rice with one tablespoon of furikake and one teaspoon of roasted sesame oil to add a bit more flavour and texture.


Directions

1) Set the oven to 150 degrees Celsius (315 degrees Fahrenheit) and thoroughly combine the furikake, mayo, honey, sriracha, garlic and onion powders, and salt (if desired) to make the sauce.

2) Once the oven's warmed up cover the top and sides of the salmon with the sauce from step 1, place on a baking sheet in the oven, and bake for 20 to 30 minutes till the salmon reaches your preferred doneness.

3) Serve as is, with rice, or whatever your preferred sides are, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment