Friday, March 18, 2016

Cucumber Rice

Sometime last summer I was slicing cucumbers up to have for lunch with a little salt and pepper when I realized that they would probably be fantastic over rice with a bit of olive oil! I later discovered a local dish that took it to the next level by including crushed garlic. (I am usually the one throwing extra cloves of garlic into dishes I'm trying out, so why I didn't think of it on my own I do not know!) All in all a quick, easy, and lovely recipe, no cooking required! (If you can buy your cooked rice from a restaurant in your apartment building anyways! If not, then not so much...)



Cucumber Rice

Ingredients
2 cucumbers (sliced or cubed)
2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
Olive oil (as desired)
Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
2 cups of cooked rice

Directions
1) Lord, bless!
2) Mix everything except the rice together.
3) Put the cucumber mixture on your rice (or mix it in if you want) and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment